Thursday, March 12, 2015

Love at first bite.


This is one man's quest to find the world's tastiest maple donut (or doughnut, I use them interchangeably). My journey began at age 6 when I vividly recall visiting our local Albertson's grocery store and seeing the many shelves of doughnuts behind that clear plastic barrier. The long donut covered with a goldish tan frosting caught my eye. I reached for that waxy paper square and picked up my first maple bar.  From that point on I was hooked.

For those of you who are new to the maple bar it is also known as a caramel donut (not sure why) or a long john with maple frosting instead of chocolate. Some are topped with bacon, while others have cream filling. Some even come as a round glazed doughnut. With all of the different variations the idea remains the same: to find the world's greatest maple doughnut.

If you are a seasoned veteran in the profession of donut consuming or a rookie to the maple bar or just want to join in my journey I invite your comments, suggestions and opinions. Remember this blog is my opinion so you may not necessarily agree and that's ok, I welcome differing opinions.

I will start my adventure in the city of Phoenix, Arizona where I currently live. I will be visiting as many donut shops as possible and posting about what I find. So stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment