Thursday, March 19, 2015

LaMar's Donuts


I had the chance to swing by LaMar's this afternoon to see what the hype is all about. They have been around since 1933 and have a wide selection to choose from. Unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea so I was left with a rather limited selection. With that being said, I was able to sample a maple bar as well as a maple glazed round donut.


I had forgotten my phone so I was unable to get an actual picture of the donuts but the one I copied from yelp is an accurate picture of what mine looked like. Upon first glance, the donuts are huge, almost double the size of a typical donut. The donut itself is soft, moist but more dense then rival donuts. With the density they have a tendency to become dry quickly so a fresh one is a must. The icing has a solid maple flavor that goes well with the donut portion. I tend to like my donuts lighter but this one was still very good. They do make a maple bacon donut that I will have to go back to try. I would recommend LaMar's Donuts to anyone because of the wide variety and great tasting donuts. Plus the sizes are massive so you will never walk away hungry. However, I am still in search of that one donut that I cannot live without. My search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment